Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, certain recruitment processes have been affected for round 2 of recruitment. As a result, the information in this section is not fully applicable for this round only and you should familiarise yourself with where the process has changed. Please refer to the applicant guide in the Document Library for general information about how round 2 will operate.
Each page in this section will have a statement at the top of the page to notfiy where there is a difference for 2020 round 2.
Before you attend interview it is very important that you have prepared properly; failure to prepare properly could result in you being unsuccessful at interview so it is vital you familiarise yourself with the guidance. Preparation areas include:
- Eligibility documents - what you need to bring to interview to prove your identify and eligibility to work in the United Kingdom
- Evidence folder - which contains the evidence of the achievements claimed on your application form
- Other preparation - such as travel arrangements
- Probity - ensuring your evidence folder meets GMC Good Medical Practice guidelines
- Structure, content and scoring framework for the interview - which can be found in each specialty section.
There is a substantial amount of preparation needed and it needs to be presented in a very specific way so please familiarise yourself with this early.
We have produced a short document about the preparation of interview documentation which you may find useful to print off when compiling your documents. This is available from the document library.